22. May 2013Ayam now supports unclamping of curves and surfaces as well as extending curves to a specified point in space (adding one control point and maintaining the current shape of the curve), see this example:
See Changes.txt for a complete list of changes.
12. Apr 2013Recent advances of Ayam in the CVS-Head are:
The Ayam SourceForge project has been converted to the new SourceForge platform.
12. Mar 2013
In addition, X3D export gained a special export mode for x3dom, that embeds the scene to be exported into an existing XHTML template file.
25. Feb 2013
Here is some help on the keyboard commands and mouse bindings in x3dom.
If it did not work at all (this is not unexpected), maybe a visit to the x3dom browser check brings some enlightenment.
21. Dec 2012New in the CVS head are C1 fillets for concatenated curves, see the following screenshot for an example and comparison with the old G1 fillets (blue curve) which continue to be available of course:
As you can see in the lower right corner, the shading for the C1 fillets changes more smoothly to the corner (i.e. it is hard to say where the fillet actually begins), however, the corner itself has a somewhat higher curvature. As the shape of the fillet is completely controlled by the C1 condition, smoother corners could only be achieved by moving the respective end points of the concatenated curves further apart.
31. Oct 2012Welcome back 3D-bevels:
1. Oct 2012Some property GUI user interface elements have been redesigned (default menu buttons and parameter value changing buttons no longer use text labels, menu entries layout improved on Aqua):
30. Sep 2012Introducing object search that allows to search for objects given criteria, like e.g. names, types, materials, property values, master-instance relationships, or return values of arbitrary commands/procedures. The found objects can just be highlighted in the object tree, or arbitrary commands can be executed on them:
28. Jun 2012The list of frequently asked questions (FAQ) has been updated.
Recent advances in the CVS-Head:
24. Apr 2012Recent advances in the CVS-Head:
There is now a plugin that supports scripting in the Lua scripting language.
10. Apr 2012The Ayam 1.20 Linux release archives and setup executables have been updated with a statically linked ayslx plugin (compiled with Aqsis 1.8.1).
31. Mar 2012Here is what is planned for the next release of Ayam (1.21):
28. Mar 2012Ayam 1.20 has been released. Get the new version from the download page, see also the complete list of changes.
21. Mar 2012Ayam 1.20 preliminary installer executables for the Linux and Win32 platforms are now available for pre-release testing purposes on request.
19. Mar 2012A feature freeze for the next official release, Ayam 1.20, scheduled for mid to end april is in effect as of today. The version of the CVS-Head has been bumped accordingly and interested parties may download and test Ayam to find bugs before release.
2. Mar 2012Fillets and custom knots are now available to ConcatNP in the CVS-Head. A simple experiment with two quadrics, a half torus and a cylinder, leads to this piping, the smooth transition is created automatically:
22. Jan 2012Recent advances in the CVS-Head:
22. Dec 2011News from the CVS-Head:
To comfortably manipulate the multiplicity of NURBS curve control points there are now two modelling actions that increase/decrease the multiplicity of all tagged/selected points:
11. Jun 2011News from the CVS-Head:
A new object type IPatch for direct work with interpolating surfaces is now available:
16. May 2011The first hotfix for Ayam 1.19 is now available for download, it fixes some problems with dynamic property GUIs (e.g. shaders).
16. Mar 2011New release Ayam 1.19 is now available for download, see also the complete list of changes.
15. Mar 2011The ohloh badge on the Ayam home page now displays more correct data as MF3D, libsub, BWidgets and tkwidget code was excluded from the analysis, leading to massive drop in the LOC count.
The Ayam 1.19 release is imminent. As this release will contain a major change in the way rational coordinates are represented internally (from homogeneous to euclidean), developers should immediately download and test the CVS-Head.
8. Mar 2011News from the CVS-Head:
The ExtrNC tool object now creates normals and stores them in a PV tag that the new 3DPVN mode of the OffsetNC tool object can use, in other words, there are now true 3D offset curves from extracted curves:
20. Feb 2011News from the CVS-Head:
3. Feb 2011The first hotfix for Ayam 1.18.2 is now available for download, it fixes a nasty problem with the Add Bevel command entries.
23. Nov 2010Christmas release Ayam 1.18.2 is now available for download, see also the complete list of changes.
15. Nov 2010Bugfix release Ayam 1.18.1 is now available for download, see also the complete list of changes.
11. Nov 2010The official documentation is now available in a new and improved version.
28. Oct 2010Ayam 1.18 has been released. Get the new version from the download page, see also the complete list of changes.
14. Oct 2010Script objects now support arbitrary (plugin provided) scripting languages, so now you can do things like this:
23. Sep 2010News from the CVS-Head:
2. May 2010The official documentation has been improved a bit and put online in a new version.
20. Apr 2010Ayam 1.17 has been released. Get the new version from the download page, see also the complete list of changes.
24. Feb 2010Recent advances in the CVS-Head now allow multiple SDNPatch objects to be merged into one. See the following image, two open NURBS patches were converted to SDNPatches, those SDNPatches merged into one, and then the FaceConnect operation was used to join the distinct sub-surfaces:
25. Jan 2010The CVS-Head now contains initial support for offset surfaces:
With the help of two boundary curve extracting ExtrNC objects, a skin can be created easily, that closes the gap between both surfaces nicely:
There you are, patches with a thickness.
ArchiveRead the old news from:
Randolf Schultz, 14. Mar 2012